What is MetEd?
The MetEd website provides education and training resources to benefit the operational forecaster community, university atmospheric scientists and students, and anyone interested in learning more about meteorology, weather forecasting, and related geoscience topics. MetEd is populated and maintained by the COMET® Program, which is part of the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research's (UCAR's) Community Programs (UCP). The MetEd website is made possible by the sponsors of the COMET® Program.
MetEd and the COMET® Program are sponsored by NOAA's National Weather Service (NWS), with additional funding by:
- Bureau of Meteorology of Australia
- Bureau of Reclamation, United States Department of the Interior
- European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT)
- Meteorological Service of Canada (MSC)
- NOAA National Environmental Satellite, Data and Information Service (NESDIS)
- NOAA's National Geodetic Survey (NGS)
- Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command (NMOC)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
To learn more about us, please visit the COMET website
General Contact Info
The COMET Program
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000
Deliveries can be sent to:
3085 Center Green Drive, Boulder, CO. 80301
Technical Support Questions
For all technical support questions regarding the use of the MetEd website, please see our MetEd Use FAQ.
Legal Notices and Reuse of MetEd Material
Most of the material made available on MetEd is free for non-commercial, educational use. We encourage you to use our material to enhance your education and training efforts. For details on reuse, see our legal notices.