- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2010-10-12
- Last Updated On: 2017-12-07
- Skill Level: 1
- Completion Time: 1.00 - 1.25 h
- Includes Audio: yes
- Required Plugins: AdobeReader
Emergency Management, Environment and Society, Oceanography/Marine/Tsunami
- Included in Courses:
Tsunami Distance Learning Course
(215 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Explain the significance of each component of a Tsunami Warning System, as well as the importance of the interconnections of the components within the entire system.
- Describe the complexity and the challenges of issuing tsunami alerts, including the short timeframes and limited warning window, the potential wide extent of damage, and the high degree of variability depending on earthquake location and source parameters.