- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Publish Date: 2009-11-10
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: 1.00 - 1.25 h
- Includes Audio: no
- Required Plugins: Flash
Numerical Modeling (NWP)
- Included in Courses:
NWP Training Series Course 1: NWP Basics and Background
(61 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Describe the differences in characteristics between short and long time period, and point and spatially averaged, statistical verification.
- Describe at least three situations where statistical guidance (SG) performs well, and at least three others where SG performs poorly.
- Cite at least three advantages and three limitations of Model Output Statistics.
- Know the potential data sources for the development of MOS.
- Cite at least two advantages and two limitations of using post-processed versus raw model data.
- Cite at least five parameters that are forecast directly by NWP models and five that are derived from NWP data.
- Cite at least two sources of error for point observations.
- Know the statistical parameters that measure random, total, systematic, and spatial and temporal errors.