At the end of this module you should be able to:
1. Identify critical fire weather patterns across North America and describe:
* Basic set-up, effects on fire weather elements, and typical duration of each pattern
* Characteristics of each pattern that contribute to fire ignition, spread and intensification.
2. Describe locations of key large-scale air-mass source regions and the air mass characteristics that impact fire weather.
3. Identify typical fire seasons for fire climatological regions of the United States and Canada and the critical fire weather patterns that affect these regions.