1. Explain the similarities and differences between ocean and atmospheric modeling.
2. Explain the physical laws and processes that must be considered in developing an ocean model.
3. Explain how the physical properties of the ocean differ from those of the atmosphere.
4. Explain the processes that are built into a numerical ocean model.
5. Explain how resolution and scale are important to global, regional, and local ocean models.
6. Describe a numerical model and how it can be used as a prediction tool.
7. Explain how real-time observations and climatology contribute to ocean models.