- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2007-02-02
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: .75 - 1.00 h
- Includes Audio: yes
- Required Plugins: none
Hydrology/Flooding, Winter Weather
- Included in Courses:
Basic Hydrologic Sciences Distance Learning Course
(149 ratings)Read or add reviews
Describe the development and evolution of snowpack:
- Explain the influences of terrain, wind, vegetation, and temperature.
- Describe how sublimation affects snowpack.
- Describe the process of snow metamorphism.
- Explain SLR and SWE.
- Describe why and how snow energy exchanges are important.
Describe the processes leading up to and during melting:
- Explain the importance of latent heat exchange.
- Describe what is necessary for rapid melting.
- Explain the importance of rainfall on the snowmelt process.
Describe the fate of melt water from snow:
- Describe how water can move through the snowpack.
- Explain what happens when melt water reaches the ground surface.
- Discuss a situation that would result in rapid runoff from snowmelt.