- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2006-08-30
- Skill Level: 1
- Completion Time: 1.50 - 2.00 h
- Includes Audio: yes
- Required Plugins: Flash
Environment and Society, Hydrology/Flooding, Other
- Included in Courses:
Understanding the Hydrologic Environment
(598 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Know how to describe a watershed and locate the watersheds for your viewing region.
- Be able to find the hydrologic address of a watershed and describe how watersheds are interconnected into a river system.
- Be able to relate the concept of a watershed to urban settings.
- Know the distribution of water within a watershed and how to find water sources for a population center in your viewing area.
- Describe how sources of non-point pollution, especially in urban areas, impact water quality.
- Know how human-engineered changes in the watershed affect the location and severity of flooding following heavy precipitation events.
- Be able to relate the impact of drought on a watershed and watershed system.