- Languages: English, Spanish
- Publish Date: 2010-12-22
- Last Updated On: 2017-05-23
- Skill Level: 3
- Completion Time: 1.25 - 1.50 h
- Includes Audio: no
- Required Plugins: none
Convective Weather, Radar Meteorology
- Included in Courses:
Environmental Satellites and Radar, Mesoscale Meteorology
(329 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Identify signatures associated with potentially severe convection.
- Describe appropriate techniques for identifying particular radar signatures within a volume scan.
- Use knowledge of conceptual models of convective storm structures to determine the mode of convection indicated by particular radar signatures.
- Given a convective storm type, determine the location and timing of potential storm-induced damage.
- Estimate the likelihood that a particular radar signature indicates the presence of severe convection.