- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2005-12-27
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: 1.50 - 2.00 h
- Includes Audio: yes
- Required Plugins: none
- Included in Courses:
Basic Hydrologic Sciences Distance Learning Course
(471 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Define key features of unit hydrographs and of unit hydrograph theory.
- Explain why we need unit hydrographs.
- Describe how unit hydrograph theory is used as a tool in forecasting runoff.
- Define the basic components of a unit hydrograph.
- Identify important terms and assumptions in unit hydrograph theory.
- Explain key issues for application of unit hydrograph theory.
- Identify reasons that some precipitation events may not be accurately represented by a unit hydrograph.
- Explain the impact of using English or metric units of measure.
- Describe the process for application of unit hydrographs to storms covering multiple time durations.
- Describe potential effects on actual hydrograph data based on storm coverage and basin changes.