After completing the lesson, the learner should be able to do the following:
- Perform the appropriate office planning and field reconnaissance for a successful GNSS project;
- Select the appropriate published stations and CORSs for incorporating your new stations into the NSRS and handling tropospheric effects;
- Select stations with good sky visibility for estimating accurate coordinates, taking into account current and future environmental conditions;
- Develop a project observing plan that includes travel time between stations;
- Recall the reasons why performing a careful office planning and field reconnaissance at the initiation of the project will save resources and make the field and office operation much more efficient.