- Languages: English, Spanish
- Publish Date: 2018-06-26
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: 1.50 - 2.00 h
- Includes Audio: yes
- Required Plugins: none
- Included in Courses:
Instrumentation and Measurement of Atmospheric Parameters
(72 ratings)Read or add reviews
- List common units used for pressure and the basis for each unit.
- Summarize the use of the ideal-gas law for calculating pressure from other state variables of the atmosphere and describe the use of the hydrostatic and hypsometric equations.
- Apply Dalton’s law to express the composition of air in terms of partial pressures and mixing ratios.
- Outline the key steps in calibrating a pressure sensor.
- Estimate the precision and uncertainty of pressure measurements required for pressure analyses.
- Differentiate among the different types of instruments used to measure pressure.
- List and identify the components of a pressure sensor and describe how each component can affect the measurement.
- Determine the best instrument to measure pressure based on a set of requirements.