After completing the lesson, learners will be able to:
- Describe the Mei-Yu forecast process in Taiwan.
- Describe the important Mei-Yu front parameters and their role in the 3D structure.
- Use the Mei-Yu front Checklist prepared by the Central Weather Bureau (CWB) to determine the potential time for intense rainfall over Taiwan.
- Describe the two main heavy rainfall patterns associated with the Mei-Yu front.
- Determine the possible area of torrential rainfall using the appropriate Mei-Yu parameters.
- Use soundings and satellite observations to increase forecasters’ confidence in the possible area of heavy rainfall.