- Languages: English, Spanish
- Publish Date: 2019-11-22
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: .75 - 1.00 h
- Includes Audio: no
- Required Plugins: none
- Included in Courses:
Microwave Remote Sensing Topics Distance Learning Course, Pacific Desk Preparation (Level 2): Overview of Tropical Meteorology
(52 ratings)Read or add reviews
- State the definitions of total precipitable water and cloud liquid water.
- Describe the benefits of using microwave products alongside infrared imagery (window and water vapor bands).
- Describe the difference between window regions and absorption regions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Identify the differences between microwave scattering and emission channels.
- Describe the difference between deriving precipitation rates over land vs. ocean (in the context of microwave channel selection).
- Identify which microwave bands are more applicable for different use cases.
- Interpret total precipitable water and rain rate products and microwave imagery using case examples.