- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2017-10-20
- Skill Level: 1
- Completion Time: .25 - .50 h
- Includes Audio: yes
- Required Plugins: none
Aviation Weather, Fog and Low Stratus, Satellite Meteorology
- Included in Courses:
GOES-R Series Faculty Virtual Course, Environmental Satellites and Radar
(189 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Describe the percentage of aviation delays caused by weather.
- Describe and give an example of a GOES-R/16 spectral band or "band difference" product used in a specific aviation application.
- Describe and give an example of a GOES-R/16 RGB composite used in an aviation application.
- Describe at least four types of aviation hazards, other than convective storms, that are better detected by GOES-R/16 than by previous geostationary satellites.