- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2017-10-25
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: .50 - .75 h
- Includes Audio: no
- Required Plugins: none
- Included in Courses:
Tropical Cyclone Rainfall: Forecasting and Communication
(132 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Explain how TC characteristics (track, intensity, forward speed) and terrain can affect TC precipitation distribution and magnitude.
- Explain the importance of antecedent conditions when determining TC flood potential.
- Assess the heavy rain potential and identify the areas most likely to be affected.
- Determine the potential flooding rain impacts of a TC upon a WFO’s local area of responsibility.
- Derive an appropriate flash flood and/or river flood message for societal response.
- Describe situations when a FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY should be issued.
- Coordinate/collaborate TC rainfall forecasts with WPC, RFCs, and other WFOs (via NWSChat, phone, etc.).