- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2017-10-03
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: 1.50 - 2.00 h
- Includes Audio: no
- Required Plugins: none
- Included in Courses:
Instrumentation and Measurement of Atmospheric Parameters
(41 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Identify the relationship between molecular kinetic energy and the temperature of the air.
- Describe the site selection criteria used to identify the best location to measure surface air temperature.
- Recall the various types of liquid-in-glass thermometers and describe the best uses of this instrument type.
- Discuss why calibrations are important for all temperature sensors.
- Describe the main calibration processes used for temperature sensors and how response times differ among types of sensors.
- Describe the basic science involved in estimating temperatures from acoustic sensors, such as sonic anemometers/thermometers.
- Describe the types of measurements that can be obtained using radiometric sensors.
- Describe the considerations relevant to measuring temperatures from aircraft or other fast-moving platforms.
- Select an appropriate instrument to measure temperature based on the requirements for data (uncertainty, spatial and temporal resolution, etc.).