After completing the lesson, the learner should be able to complete the following tasks:
- Recall and describe the elements that can be displayed on the map view panel (i.e., NWP synthetic radar display, constraint heat map, airways, airports, and ARTCCs).
- Navigate the INSITE tool to select and display products (NWP model/time/location/altitude, observations, constraint heat maps).
- Describe how convective constraints are derived in CC bars and heat map.
- Recall and describe the elements that can be displayed on the Constraint Overview panel (i.e., convective constraint (CC) bars).
- Use the INSITE tool to view and edit CC bars for Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCCs), INSITE-generated Alert areas, and user-generated polygons for different NWP products.
- Interpret the CC display to determine the severity of the convective constraint at a given time, location, altitude, and airway (i.e., flight path).
- Edit (filter) the flight path constraints.
- Interpret the CC display to determine the forecast confidence. Describe how that forecast confidence is derived for Synthesis and NWP model products.