● Describe the forecast process and the QPF guidance used to make typhoon QPFs in Taiwan.
- Explain why the confidence level of each QPF guidance changes along with the forecast hour.
● Explain how the climatology model generates typhoon QPFs and describe its advantages and disadvantages.
● Explain how the Ensemble Typhoon QPF (ETQPF) model creates precipitation forecasts and describe its advantages and disadvantages.
● Explain the advantages of using forecast uncertainty information to estimate and convey the typhoon threat instead of a deterministic-only approach.
- Use the ETQPF model to estimate the risk of heavy precipitation for locations in Taiwan based on the uncertainty of a typhoon’s track.