- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2015-12-21
- Last Updated On: 2016-12-29
- Skill Level: 1
- Completion Time: .25 - .50 h
- Includes Audio: no
- Required Plugins: none
Numerical Modeling (NWP)
- Included in Courses:
NWS National Blend of Models (NBM) Training Series
(161 ratings)Read or add reviews
After completing the lesson, you will be able to:
- List the five different products used in the Blend.
- Describe the model type, resolution, assimilation scheme, and number of daily cycles for each model used in the Blend.
- Explain how the model guidance is interpolated to the grid level using gridded MOS and EKDMOS.
- Explain the strengths and limitations of the MOS.