- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2015-07-01
- Last Updated On: 2018-07-24
- Skill Level: 1
- Completion Time: .50 - .75 h
- Includes Audio: no
- Required Plugins: none
- Included in Courses:
Tropical Cyclone Winds: Forecasting and Communication
(123 ratings)Read or add reviews
After completing this lesson, you will be able to:
- Explain how TC wind speed probability products account for forecast uncertainty.
- Identify the four TC wind speed probability products that are available.
- Explain how TC track, intensity, and size uncertainties are incorporated in the creation of TC wind speed probabilities.
- Explain how TC wind speed probability products are created.
- Identify the additional information that TC wind speed probabilities provide when compared with the cone of uncertainty.
- Determine whether to use onset or cumulative wind speed probabilities when addressing customer-specific needs.
- Determine the most likely and earliest reasonable time of onset for peak TC winds for any location.