- Languages: English, Spanish, French
- Publish Date: 2015-05-13
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: .50 - .75 h
- Includes Audio: yes
- Required Plugins: none
- Included in Courses:
Tropical Cyclone Storm Surge: Forecasting and Communication
(71 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Explain how probabilistic surge guidance is created, and why it is preferred to deterministic-only surge guidance for specific events, given the assumptions and potential errors associated with deterministic predictions.
- Explain the different forms of probabilistic storm surge guidance, and describe the purpose and use of each.
- Explain how the Maximum Envelope of Water (MEOW) and Maximum of the MEOW (MOM) are developed, and describe their purpose and use.
- Use surge guidance and output in its various forms (i.e. MEOWs, MOMs, Probabilistic Storm Surge) and at various phases of the event.