- Languages: English, Spanish
- Publish Date: 2013-06-11
- Last Updated On: 2019-09-19
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: 1.25 - 1.50 h
- Includes Audio: no
- Required Plugins: none
Fire Weather, Satellite Meteorology
- Included in Courses:
Multispectral Satellite Application Topics Course, GOES-R Satellites Orientation Course, Curso de Orientação de Satélites GOES-R
(56 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Demonstrate the advantages and limitations of using multi-sensor, multispectral analysis for monitoring the fire cycle.
- Describe some of the remote sensing products and systems used for detecting and monitoring the wildland fire cycle. For each product, identify its capabilities, limitations, and applications.
- Identify the common thermal emission regions used to detect fires in both polar-orbiting and geostationary satellites.
- Identify the capabilities and limitations of geostationary vs. polar-orbiting satellites, shortwave vs. longwave imagery, and true vs. false color products in detecting and monitoring the fire cycle.
- Identify the essential steps in automated and semi-automated smoke forecasting.