After completing this module, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the air traffic management and air traffic control structure and responsibilities (at a high level) for FAA operations
- Identify online resources to obtain information about FAA operations
- Identify the major components of the NWS aviation program
- Describe each unit’s role, the partners it serves, the collaboration involved, and the products it provides
- List key ways that meteorologists provide aviation forecast products and Decision Support Services (DSS) to the NAS
- Explain the importance and impacts of TAFs on the planning processes of the FAA, commercial airlines and general aviation.
- Explain the DSS role and functions of embedded NWS meteorologists in FAA facilities.
- Describe the collaborative process for the creation of the TFM Convective Forecast (TCF) product and how it is used by the FAA, airlines, and general aviation.