After completing this lesson, you should be able to do the following:
- List the zones in the nearshore wave environment.
- Describe the elements of wave-driven nearshore circulation.
- Describe the exiting and circulating flow structures of rip currents.
- List and describe the factors that affect wave behavior in the surf zone.
- List and describe the processes that affect nearshore waves, and how they affect rip currents.
- List and describe the major categories and subcategories of rip currents.
- Describe the visual appearance of rip currents.