- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2020-05-29
- Skill Level: 2
- Completion Time: 1.25 - 1.50 h
- Includes Audio: yes
- Required Plugins: none
- Included in Courses:
Instrumentation and Measurement of Atmospheric Parameters
(39 ratings)Read or add reviews
- Identify the portions of the electromagnetic spectrum that provide information about the energy balance on Earth.
- Define radiance, irradiance, radiant flux, and actinic flux.
- Explain how radiance, irradiance, and actinic flux are measured.
- Describe the main sensor types and techniques used to measure radiation in the atmosphere.
- Estimate the net irradiance using data from a set of upward- and downward-looking radiometers.
- Explain some of the challenges involved in obtaining representative atmospheric irradiance measurements from various platforms.
- Differentiate between cloudy and clear-sky conditions based on plots of visible and IR irradiance.
- Select the radiation sensor that might be most appropriate for a specified measurement and scientific objective.